Sep 20, 2010

Lay me down

I have become a little obsessed with photographing abandoned mattresses.These tired old beds and the stories they could tell....out in the rain, slumped against trees, I can feel their pain!There are all sorts of design styles, but mattress fabrics are dominated by floral motifs. Presumably we all want to lie down in a bed of roses or a field of gold. The mattress below was a highlight, quite radiant, almost lyrical. My camera insisted I take this shot in 'sunset' mode. Who am I to argue?
So convincing was this scene, a hopeful bee landed to gather pollen from the flowers. Poor little sucker.

1 comment:

  1. Beauty can be found in even the most seemingly useless / discarded things. Reminds me of some art I saw a few years ago - check out my blog for more details.

    ReplyDelete